At PeaceWeb, we are committed to providing our customers with reliable and secure cloud services. To ensure that our platform remains a safe and fair environment for all users, we have developed this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) that outlines the acceptable and prohibited uses of our services.
Our AUP is designed to protect the security and privacy of our users and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. By using our services, you agree to abide by our AUP and to use our services only for lawful purposes.
We take violations of our AUP seriously and may suspend or terminate your account if we determine that you have engaged in prohibited activities. Please read our AUP carefully and contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Prohibited Uses of PeaceWeb Systems and Services:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through PeaceWeb's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on PeaceWeb's servers, is prohibited. PeaceWeb accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by PeaceWeb customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any PeaceWeb-hosted domain, or referencing any PeaceWeb account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any PeaceWeb customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the PeaceWeb network or on another provider's network.
- Using PeaceWeb's Services to interfere with the use of the PeaceWeb network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each PeaceWeb customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from PeaceWeb, agrees to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a PeaceWeb customer will be forwarded to the PeaceWeb customer's postmaster for action. Suppose violations of the PeaceWeb Acceptable Use Policy occur. In that case, PeaceWeb reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from disobeying PeaceWeb's AUP as PeaceWeb deems appropriate, without notice.